Tuesday, July 12, 2011

So what does a farmgirl do?








A typical day here at the farm.....









My morning starts out letting the girls out of the coop and feeding them, then moving on to the barn.... (we free range them and collect the eggs for us and for friends)








The goats are all anxiously waiting for feed and to be milked. (I make cheese, ice cream, cajeta(caramel sauce) and fudge)








Along the way I have to watch for these guys...(these ducks are great because the are mouse catchers and excess feed eaters and they don't quack like other ducks)








Then there are the sheep that need feeding and some scratching on their backs and bellies. ( We raise wool sheep and my sister and I spin the wool into yarn and sell our fiber, yarn and finished goods)












Then there are angora rabbits to feed and water and brush.(We spin their wool also)






There are peaches to pick (among all the other crops)






There is jam to make. (This is strawberry)





Ta-Da!






Then I water gardens and crop areas, I tend to the bees, and lots of other things. Once the night arrives and the animals head to bed, I have time to go into the studio and create. That's when I go "ahhhhhhh". Life is good and I'm living the dream.



These are some of our guineas. Such a sweet picture.


Thanks for looking at a day in the life of this farmgirl.


Have a fabulous day!!


Sue



























ll

No comments:

Post a Comment